Monday, March 01, 2010

What is russtifer?

Some of you who have been around the Oscar blog circuit may remember And the Oscar Goes To..., one of several websites inspired and spawned by Sasha Stone's classic AwardsDaily (then OscarWatch).  ATOGT, as it was often abbreviated, passed gently into the good night in 2007, after Martin Scorsese finally obtained Oscar gold with The Departed.  Since that time I've spent my time working and reading, all the while following the Oscar race, although from a considerable distance.  This new blog is in no means a return to Oscar prognostication, and in fact will be more of a showcase for my general interest in cinema, music, television, science, and medicine, as well as whatever other randomness comes into my head.  That said--once an Oscar fiend, always an Oscar fiend--so expect spotty coverage from time to time.  I'll try to regularly blog as my work schedule allows, so bear with me in the times of emotional chaos that often occur.  Let's have some fun.

No comments: